Victorian Department of Human Services
Go to the Victorian Department of Human Services website for information about disability services.
The Intake and Response Service is a part of Disability Services in the Department of Human Services, and can give you information on support for carers and people with a disability. For more information call 1800 783 783 or TTY 1800 008 149.
Useful Links for People with a Disability
Go to the DiVine website, Victoria's first online community for and by people with a disability.
Useful Links for Carers and People with a Disability
- Available across Victoria as a regional first point of contact for all carers providing:
- Comprehensive support and care planning
- Access to urgent and short term respite
- Information about other community services and options
- Call the 24 hour a day freecall number on 1800 052 222. (* Calls from mobile phone are charged at applicable rates)
- A regional first point of contact for people in the community seeking information regarding disability, aged and community support services. Call 1800 052 222 during business hours.
- Deaf, hearing impaired or speech impaired callers may call through the National Relay Service using their modem or TTY by dialling 1800 555 677 then asking for 1800 052 222. Speech impaired callers may also call through Speech-to-Speech Relay by dialling 1800 555 727 then asking for 1800 052 222.
- If you need an interpreter to assist you to contact your nearest Centre, telephone the Translating and Interpreting Service on 13 14 50.
- A statewide first point of contact for all carers through 1800 242 636
- Refers carers to their regional Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centre.
- Access to statewide carer counselling, education and advice.