Home › Library › Enabling choice for Aboriginal people living with disability - promoting access and inclusion
Enabling choice for Aboriginal people living with disability - promoting access and inclusion
Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centre Southern Region
Enabling choice for Aboriginal people living with disability: Promoting access and inclusion is a document produced by the Victorian Department of Human Services.
This resource is one tool that disability sector organisations and practitioners can use to strengthen their response to Aboriginal people with a disability and their families, in providing services that:
• are more culturally competent
• recognise the complex social health challenges and disadvantage experienced by many
• are developed through partnerships with Aboriginal communities and organisations
• use self-directed approaches that enable and support Aboriginal self-determination
• involve Aboriginal people with a disability themselves in naming problems as well as
For more information, please see the page on the Department of Human Services website.